How do you build the business that puts you out of business?
Whether you’re an employee, entrepreneur, or intrapreneur, you have to find innovative new ways to stay in business every single day.
Our guest, David J. Neff, is the author of IGNITE: Setting your Organization’s Culture on Fire with Innovation. He will teach you how to support intrapreneurs, stay ahead of new trends, and build a system that fosters internal innovation.
In this episode you will learn:
- [11:20] How to unlock innovation within your company (in just six steps).
- [18:20] How ONE intrapreneur in a small business can spark massive innovation... if you set them up for success.
- [20:48] What happens to companies that don't innovate.
The ONE Thing to take away from this episode:
Set your business up for success! Draft an internal innovation program for your business that nurtures the best talent, then implement it or pitch it. When you empower your people, you will be amazed by what happens.
Step 1: Create an internal innovation program.
Step 2: Create a review panel that considers new ideas on a regular basis. (They aren't a shark tank; they are mentors and coaches.)
Step 3: Pick ONE innovative idea to pursue.
Step 4: Task your intrapreneur with creating a business plan.
Step 5: Review the business plan and decide on funding.
Step 6: Launch, test, and learn.
We go over this in detail during the episode, and you can dig even deeper in IGNITE: Setting your Organization's Culture on Fire with Innovation.
Links & Tools from this Episode
- IGNITE: Setting your Organization's Culture on Fire with Innovation by David J. Neff & Randal C. Moss: Book
- Read more of David’s work at clearhead.me: Website
- Learn more about Exponential Organizations: Website