If you are hitting a ceiling of achievement in your life, then you are missing a person – either in the form of a mentor or leverage.
Today we are focusing on the leverage side; the people who can take things off of your plate so that you can focus on the 20% work that will allow you to achieve extraordinary results.
In episode 50, we talked to today’s guest, Gene Rivers, about how he and his wife run nine successful businesses, while still finding time to vacation four months out of the year and devote time to their family every day. Gene is only able to do this because he leverages the people around him and coaches them to achieve more – and today he shares how you can do that too.
In this episode you will learn:
- [7:50] Why you need empire builders to your team (and how you can identify them).
- [15:25] How you can leverage a weekly checkup to create more accountability.
- [28:30] How you can set everyone in your team up for success (and how you can help people who aren't succeeding).
The ONE Thing to take away from this episode:
After you listen to the episode, take a moment to reflect on these questions:
– What are you currently doing that's helping your people achieve their life goals – and what are you doing that's stopping your people from achieving their goals?
– Many of us want to be liked, and because of that, we avoid tough conversations that should happen with the people in our world. Are you contributing to their goals, or are you contaminating them by allowing them to remain in your world when it's not the right fit?
– Are you clear on what the standards for performance in your organization are? Are you bringing focus and accountability to the actions and metrics that need to be completed to achieve the goal?
– Finally, what is the ONE thing you can do that will allow you to show up as a better leader and coach your people to their possibilities?
Links & Tools from this Episode
- Connect with Gene: Website
- Do you want a model for weekly accountability? Join the Living Your ONE Thing Community: Website